U-STREET CHOCOLATE LOVERS TOUR
Saturdays at 3:30PM
Join DC Metro Chocolate Tours as we uncover the sweet side of U Street, known as “Black Broadway”, it has been the heart of the African American music scene for over half a century. Once the home of Duke Ellington, it remains a vibrant and exciting neighborhood and a great one for some amazing chocolate. This tour also touches Adams Morgan and the outskirts of Dupont Circle. Our exclusive 2.5 hour walking tour highlights the beauty, lifestyle and vibe of the area and includes world-famous (and infamous!) chocolate destinations. Sample chocolate at its best while learning the rich history behind our chocolate delights, all while strolling along some of the most famous streets in the world.
Some of our favorite chocolate destinations include:
- DC’s most eclectic chocolate shop where a wealth of special, exotic, and sustainably-sourced chocolates await…
- The gelato place that is DC’s favorite destination for incredible hand-made frozen treats…
- A cozy Belgian chocolate cafe and chocolatier…
- A famous bakery with the most divine cupcakes…
- and more!!
You’ll experience an array of samples and history as you go, plus learn tips on tasting, buying, and storing chocolate. The DC Metro U-Street Chocolate Lovers Tour begins on Saturday afternoons at 3:30pm. The walk is about 1.5 miles, and approximately 2.5 hours. Advance purchase of tickets is required at least 24 hours in advance, but call for last-minute availability. Tour size is limited to 14 with a discount for parties of 7 or more (call for more info). Private tours are available by request. Reserve your space today!
Tour Day & Time:
Every Saturday from 3:30-6:00pm
$48 per person; $35 for children aged 5-12
Special upcoming holiday tour dates:
- April 13th, Cherry Blossom Festival
- May 25th, Memorial Day Weekend
- June 29th, July Fourth Week
- July 6th, July Fourth Week
See upcoming tours and purchase tickets here.
PHOTOS from the GALLERY
REVIEWS and MEDIA