Sundays at 1:30PM
Our exclusive 2.5 hour walking tour highlights Georgetown’s rich history and culture. This charming and vibrant neighborhood offers the discerning explorer the most exciting combination of chocolate treasures from the expected to the one-of-a-kind. Learn the history and life of chocolate, how luxury chocolates are created, and much more. We can think of no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon among friends than to enjoy the beauty of centuries-old homes and gardens, wander along the paths and waterways used to forge our nation’s history, and learn about and taste an array of chocolate treats.
Some of our favorite Georgetown chocolate destinations include:
- An historic DC hot spot for chocolates & fudge…
- A tucked-away spice boutique with an assortment of surprising chocolate selections…
- Handcrafted baked goods overlooking the historic C & O Canal…
- The world’s first cupcake bakery (who can visit Georgetown and not have a cupcake or two!!)…
- A hip cosmetics company that uses cocoa in many of its skincare products…
- and more!!
You’ll experience an array of samples and history as you go, plus learn tips on tasting, buying, and storing chocolate. The DC Metro Summer Sweets of Georgetown Tour begins on Sunday afternoons at 1:30pm. The walk is about 1.5 miles, and approximately 2.5 hours. Advance purchase of tickets is required at least 24 hours in advance, but call for last-minute availability. Tour size is limited to 14 with a discount for parties of 7 or more (call for more info). Private tours are also available by request. Reserve your space today!
Tour Day & Time:
Every Sunday from 1:30am-4:00pm
$48 per person; $35 for children aged 5-12
Special upcoming holiday tour dates:
- September 1st, Labor Day Weekend!
See upcoming tours and purchase tickets here.